Introducing SAM Learning21st May 2019
At school, we are always looking for ways to extend our students’ learning.
Part of our improvement programme involves the use of SAM Learning, a unique online service that offers multiple subjects. All activities are tailored for specific exam boards, and studies show that students can achieve 2 GCSE grades better than expected with as little as 10 hours or more use of SAM Learning.
Students are able to use the service at any time and anywhere they have internet access. All they need to do is visit the website www.samlearning.com and enter their unique login details.
- Centre ID is always DN21TV
- Your login AND password are your date of birth followed by two initials: first name then last name (DDMMYYII).
Example: 010806DJ is the User ID for David Jones born 1st August 2006.
- You can change your password when you first log in.
Tasks & Homework with SAM Learning
Tasks, like homework, can now be set using SAM Learning. Students are able to access tasks assigned to them via their SAM Learning account by clicking on the ‘My Set Tasks’ tab. This tab shows when the task (and related activities) is due to be completed if it is or has not been completed and also if it is overdue.
- All completed activities are either computer or self marked, depending on the type of activity. Instant feedback is provided screen-by-screen and total points/scores earned are reported at the end of the activity. Additionally, students, parents and guardians can track progress through the student’s account by clicking on the ‘My Progress’ tab.
- All staff receive a report on the tasks assigned and have access to detailed report information through their teacher or administrator account. Students are also able to re-visit activities at any time to improve on their last score.
How to Get Involved
All students will be taught to use the service and you might wish to ask them how it works. The service enables homework to be set and marked which means you can easily monitor the progress of your child.
We hope that your child is able to take full advantage of SAM Learning and thank you in advance for supporting the initiative.