How to access the personal information we hold about you
Individuals have a right to make a ‘subject access request’ to gain access to personal information that the school holds about them.
If you make a subject access request, and if we do hold information about you, we will:
- Give you a description of it
- Tell you why we are holding and processing it, and how long we will keep it for
- Explain where we got it from, if not from you
- Tell you who it has been, or will be, shared with
- Let you know whether any automated decision-making is being applied to the data, and any consequences of this
- Give you a copy of the information in an intelligible form
You may also have a right for your personal information to be transmitted electronically to another organisation in certain circumstances.
If you would like to make a request, please contact our data protection officer.
Your other rights regarding your data
Under data protection law, individuals have certain rights regarding how their personal data is used and kept safe. You have the right to:
- Object to the use of your personal data if it would cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- Prevent your data being used to send direct marketing
- Object to the use of your personal data for decisions being taken by automated means (by a computer or machine, rather than a person)
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data corrected, deleted or destroyed, or restrict processing
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection regulations
To exercise any of these rights, please contact our data protection officer.