Free School Meals
Children are entitled to receive free school meals if they or their parents or guardians receive any of the benefits below:
- Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of
no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
How to Apply for Free School Meals
If you think you might be eligible for free school meals, submit a claim via Lincolnshire County Council’s website. The information you provide will be used to check if you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit and, if you are on Universal Credit, that your earnings do not exceed the threshold. If you claim Universal Credit, your earnings will be assessed from up to three of your last Universal Credit assessment periods. If you are eligible, LCC will notify us. Your child will receive free school meals and the school will receive extra funding.
If you need help applying for free school meals, please do not hesitate to get in touch with school and a member of staff will be happy to assist you.